Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Poem With No Name

This is something I wrote about three years ago, it's one of my favorites:


As I watch you fall asleep
My vision begins to blur
It's all I can do to keep
My tears from falling


I reflect on all our good times
Feel guilt for all the bad
I regret our simple crimes
Of neglecting what we had


Your love for me was greater
Than I can comprehend
We always thought we had a
'later'There's no longer time to mend


As you lie in your plastic spider web
Every breath seems like such a chore
I beg God to please take me instead
Because yo're worth so much more


I'll always remember the way you smiled
And the way you did your hair
The smell of you will always linger
And all you did to show you cared


I'm sorry I couldn't do better
I'm sorry I wasn't more like you
But now it's too late, you can't hear my words
I guess my prayers will have to do

No comments:

Post a Comment