Saturday, August 15, 2009

From Within

Another one from a couple years back...

who knew doing laundry was such a painful experience
all my memories of you come flooding back
into my achingly empty heart
with just one sniff


the last time I wore it was with you
and you're all over it
and crashing in around me
are all of our memories

I remembered all the teasing and playful punches
I remember every time you said 'i love you'
I remember how it would take my breath away every time you held me close
and whisper it in my ear


I long to lose myself in your kiss
drown myself in your touch
inundate my heart with your words
but

impossibility floods my mind
as i come tearfully crashing back to reality
the loss of you
was so much greater than i expected

i miss running my hand through your hair
i miss your hand on my leg as you drove me home
i miss the way you held me and made the rest of the world melt away
i miss the way we use to be


and yet, deep down, i knew it was doomed from the start
our paths, interests and lives always ran parallel
never intersected
our past hung in the shadows waiting to pick us apart


i guess i knew what was coming
maybe should have expected it
but what i did not know



was how much it would hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment